The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of performance issues and has a creative ability to solve problems. Needs to have a solid understanding of the best software practices and is capable of unit testing. Development will be performed in an Agile rapid application development environment. The developer will be expected to work on 2-3 application efforts concurrently at times.
Required knowledge and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience with Java/Android platform – not a junior position.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Android SDK, Services, Fragments, Views, Intents- with specific experience developing for both Smartphones and Tablets.
- Self developed and released applications count for a positive feedback during consideration period.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in writing apps that consume a 3rd party API.
- Familiar with SQLite databases or ORM tools.
- Fearless grip on SOAP, XML, REST, JSON, and other common webservice API’s.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science is optional but preferable.
- Above average written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated track record of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Organized, motivated and has the ability to work under minimal supervision to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Be a good team player, be patient and have the willingness to teach others